Wednesday, July 7, 2010

John and Mel \\ Wedding

John and Mel asked if I would help them out and be an additional photographer for them on their wedding day. I graciously accepted and was happy to help them out.

Their wedding was great and was such a blast for everyone who was there. The ceremony was more of a worship service than anything which made it that much better. It was great that John's dad had the opportunity to marry them. They have such an amazing family, full of laughter, joy, encouragement and Alabama. (You'll see what I mean.)

Please take some time to look through some of my favorites from the day and I hope you find some you like, especially you John and Mel!!





Below: No... the men of this family don't look anything alike, do they?





Below: One of the ring bearer's decided it was nap time half-way through the ceremony. Couldn't have been more adorable though.

Below right: Right after their first kiss as husband and wife. I feel like this picture shows off so much of Mel's personality.



Below: I LOVED THIS. They had a table full of candy. Green candy to be exact.

Below right: There it is... the Alabama cake. Apparently this is a tradition of sorts within John's family. Way to keep it going John! Oh and ROLL TIDE!!!



All in all it was a great day and I am honored that I was able to be apart of it. John and Mel, I hope you find some great shots that you love!
- Jake


2 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM JAKE!!! THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, Jake. It's gotta be nice being the extra hand so you can pay attention to the little details instead of keeping up with the traditional stuff. I love how you captured their personalities. nice job. Hope to see you at Ali and Nathan's wedding!

    ReplyDelete